The Latest PC operating system by Microsoft is Windows 11 and is also getting new as well as useful features from time to time. The coming feature will be very useful for the Windows 11 users. Because, in this feature it will alert the users when they unknowingly use their password on untrustworthy app or a website.
The name of feature is Enhanced Phishing Protection which will give alerts to the users. Those users who have updated with Windows 11 22H2 update in past few days, will be able to use this feature. This feature is not activated by default instead it requires user to enable this feature in the settings.
How To Enable Password Protection Tool on Windows 11
- Head over to the start menu of your Windows PC.
- Search for settings after that click on Privacy and Security.
- Then go to Windows Security in which you will find App and browser control.
- After that you have to select Reputation-based protection settings.
- Now under the Phishing protection, you will get two options.
- Select both Warn me about password reuse as well as Warn me about unsafe password storage from the box.
- Now you will see the alert box on the screen.
Login credentials is very critical for all purposes. Whether it is a matter of signing into your account in your PC, or to access your email account so on and so forth. While these login details are also important for the hackers, so that they can access the account and steal sensitive information.
Another thing worth mentioning here is that most of the people use same passwords for various accounts, which is not a good habit at all. Furthermore, this update will allow people to have better control over their passwords.
And if you are one that has trouble in remembering different passwords then in that case you can use password manager of your own choice. Also, it is worth mentioning that Tech giants such as Google, Microsoft and Apple have already began to work on password-less sign-in in the background.