Variety of file extensions are present till date in which .bin extension is one of them. It will be quite helpful if one knows how to open bin files in android. Moreover, in this modern era anyone can download any file of specific file extension from the internet. For example, if you want to download songs you might prefer to download your favourite songs in (.mp3) MP3 extension.
Another example, if you want to download video files then the most common extension will be .mp4 or it can be in .mkv as well. Different file extensions serve different purposes let’s take the example of images.
In images if you want transparent background you will have to save it in .png extension from Adobe Photoshop. Another thing if in case you want to preserve the background present in image you can save it in .jpg.
What is Bin File Format?
Coming back to .bin extension; this extension is not widely used these days. The purpose of .bin files is to store information in binary format. Having said that it means data will be stored in the form of zeros(0s) and ones(1s).
In case of computer systems, some of the Anti-virus software programs and some printer drivers use .bin file format. And talking about android devices, APK files due to some error gets converted to .bin files. So, this make difficult to open bin files in android devices.
How To Open Bin Files in Android?
In Android devices, apps in apk file format can be installed easily. Simply you have to enable install from unknown sources in settings. As mentioned earlier, bin files cannot be directly opened or extracted in android devices.
Fortunately, there are many ways by which one can open files of .bin format. In this guide I will show you exact steps with images in which you can view bin files contents as well as you can change app files to apk back from bin. Keep reading!
Steps to open .bin files in Android:
- First of all, go to Google play store and search “File Viewer for Android”.
- Install it and you will see welcome screen like image placed below.
- Then Tap on continue. You will be asked to pay a price to remove ads from the app. You can pay or if you don’t want simply tap on “continue with ads”.
- Give access to phone storage in order to browse bin files.
- After giving access it will look like below image.
- Browse .bin File on storage and tap on the .bin file. In my case it is sample.bin file. As you can see this app shows various information about the selected sample.bin file.
- Simply tap on “view as text file” and it will be opened.
- And it will look something like below in my case.
Install App: Link
If you have downloaded apk file and due to some error, it is converted to .bin file format. Here are the steps in which you can follow to get back your .apk file format from .bin file format.
- Firstly, locate your .bin file.
- Tap on three dots as shown in the image. Tap on “Rename” option .
- Move the cursor at the end of the name and erase “bin” extension.
- And type apk and tap on “OK”.
- A confirmation will be shown simply tap on “Rename”.
- Tada! you got your apk file back.
So, I hope that this post has given you clear way about opening of bin files on android devices. If this helped then make sure to share this post with your friends and family. Also, don’t forget to share your thoughts on this topic. Thanks for reading this far and I will see you in the next post till then take care and keep rocking.