How to create ISO image on Windows PC
What is an ISO file?
First of all, let’s talk about ISO files. What are they and how they are beneficial to us. Then after that, we will see how to create an ISO image on Windows OS. So an obvious question arises in our mind that What is an ISO File? An ISO file often called an ISO image is a type of file that contains an exact copy of data present in an optical disc. Examples of optical discs will be CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs.
In fact, the name ISO is taken from the optical media’s file system name ISO 9660. Most people use ISO images to create a complete backup of their CDs or DVDs. Moreover, these days the operating systems and larger programs are shared using ISO images. Which can be later used to mount an ISO image or can be used to burn the optical discs.
Benefits of an ISO image:
There are several benefits of having an ISO image among which few benefits are:
- The chance of getting ISO files infected with the virus becomes low.
- In a single image, all files are grouped.
- The chance of files getting corrupt in an image is low.
So now let’s see how we can create an ISO image on the Windows Operating system.
Steps to create an ISO image:
- First of all, download a software named WinCDEmu from this link. And then install it.
- If you want to make an identical copy of your CD or DVD then insert it into the Optical Disk drive. However, this step is completely optional if you want, you can skip this step.
- So now bring all files into a folder that has to be converted into an ISO image. In the image below I have moved all my files to the Docs folder.
- Right-click on the folder and choose the option to build an ISO image.