First of all let’s know what an IDE is, So IDE stands for Integrated Development Environment. In simple terms, it is a software which programmers use for the programming. There are few popular IDE are available(like code blocks, TurboC) in the market but in this lesson, we will see downloading and installation of Code Blocks in your computer/laptop. And after that, we will write our first C program in it, in the next lesson.
To download code blocks for your windows PC follow the given steps below:
- Go to http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads you will see something like this.
- Then Click on download the binary release as shown in below image:
- Head over to code blocks-version-MinGW-setup.exe. In order to download click on either FossHUB or on Sourceforge.net(underlined with green colour). Note that the version represents the version of the code blocks IDE. Let’s have a look on below image.
- Let’s say you clicked the link of FossHUB or Sourceforge.net then your download will start automatically. Congratulations you have now downloaded the software.
- Follow the instructions in the setup of code blocks IDE. Now you are ready to go.