One can download some YouTube videos straight from the YouTube app itself. There are many third-party youtube video downloader apps which facilitates us downloading the YouTube videos. But if one downloads copyrighted videos from YouTube for illegal purposes then theoretically one can face a trial or fine. It is also strictly mentioned in YouTube terms of service that users are not allowed to download YouTube videos unless the download button or link is shown by YouTube on a particular service.
Despite of the risks associated with the downloading of YouTube videos if you want to download the videos then here is the list of 13 Android apps that help you to do that.
13 best youtube video downloader for Android:
1. Savefrom.net youtube video downloader:
This is in fact the most popular resource that enables the users to download YouTube Videos. One can download clips from variety of popular platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Furthermore, You can download the clips from their website, or by using the Browser extension or by using the mobile app.
The app almost behaves as the web browser and helps you to go to various websites. If there is some content that is downloadable then you will notice that the button present at the bottom-right corner will change into green color. If you will press the same green button the process of downloading the video will proceed. Moreover, in the free version of the app you will find out ads in it, and in order to remove those you know the drill, yes you have to purchase the premium version of it.
Download YouTube videos on android using the savefrom.net resource:
- Go to the selected video or you can enter its URL.
- Simply click on the green button located at the bottom-right corner.
- Now Choose whether you have to download the Video version or Audio version.
- Then finally click on download.
- In order to access the downloaded clips, click on the “Downloads” tab present at the bottom menu.
Videoder is another most popular and powerful youtube video downloader for Android. There are multiple sites option to choose from where you want to download the videos. Those sites are YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
It enables you to stream and download videos in multiple formats. You can choose any quality as well as you can also share the video from the app itself. The UI of the app is impressive and also it is customizable.
It provides the faster download speed for the videos. Along with that it also comes with different themes, built-in video player, night mode, and so on. Unfortunately, Videoder is not available on the Google Play store, but the good thing is that you can download it from its official website. And after that you can install it on your smartphone. Furthermore, there is no option of in-app purchases, but it contains ads. To get rid of ads you can purchase premium plugin which is available on the play store.
Download YouTube videos on Android using Videoder:
- First of all, open YouTube on the App.
- Select the video of your choice.
- Now select the video format.
- In the pop-up you will get the option for editing the filename and download location.
- Finally Tap on the Start Download.
This Android application is open source, and it can be used to download the YouTube videos for free. It is a lightweight app, and it is also to note that it does not uses any proprietary YouTube API or Google’s Play services.
The thing I like more about this app is that it does not disturbs you with the annoying ads. In addition to that, this open-source app has very intuitive interface. Another best thing I like about this app is that it enables the user to play any YouTube videos in the background while you use any other apps.
Not only this, but it also provides very straight forward video downloading along with faster download speeds. With this app, you get the diverse options of different file format and resolutions for the downloading of the YouTube videos as well as audio Files.
Furthermore, this app will not create any privacy issues for you because neither it saves any user data, nor it uses any kind of services that analyses the usage activity on the app. Another noticeable feature about this app is that it supports channel subscription, Video pop-up mode,4K support, multiple themes etc that makes this app one of the best youtube video downloader app.
How to download YouTube videos on Android using NewPipe:
- Firstly, search the desired video you want to download in the app.
- Then after selecting the particular video tap on the download button and select the quality and the format of the file. You can also edit the filename within the app.
- Click on Ok, then your download link will be generated automatically.
You can download the NewPipe App From F-Droid or from its official website.
arkTube is an easy to use and ad-free YouTube video downloader for Android. This app utilizes YouTube-dl command-line program to its full capacity. This app is extremely light weight in nature. Right after installing the arkTube app, you can download videos from the official YouTube app.
There are some features in the app which are locked, to unlock those you must purchase the developer’s donation package available on the Google Play Store.
How to download YouTube videos on Android using arkTube:
- Install the app and allow for the media access on your mobile.
- Go to the YouTube and select your video.
- Tap the share button.
- Tap on the icon which is displayed as video.
- Select the resolution and wait for the download to complete.
5. Dentex YouTube video Downloader:
Dentex is another YouTube video downloader app that allows you to download YouTube videos for free of cost. Its UI is straightforward, and the best thing is that it does not contains any ads in it. After you select a video inside this app it will lead you to the Format tab where you can choose the format of the video.
One of the drawbacks of this app is that you cannot preview YouTube videos in it. After choosing the format you will see the status of download on the Dashboard. While searching for the YouTube videos on the app you can use filters to narrow down the search results.
This app also facilitates us to save the search results for the future use. This app provides multiple theme options within it. Not only this, but it also enables us to extract audio part from the available YouTube videos.
Snaptube is another youtube video downloader, with the help of which you can download videos from variety of online sources. The user interface of this app is very much user-friendly, and it has popular videos, popular sites as well as categories organised in the form of the blocks.
Moreover, this app facilitates us to perform youtube search directly from the search bar. This app is also one of the fastest android youtube video downloader among others that gives the option to choose the video quality before the downloading of the video.
Also, this app provides the option to its users to share the video directly from the app to the popular social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and so on. The videos that are being downloaded from the app can be viewed directly in the device storage under the music and video categories.
Download videos using snaptube:
- Launch the app and select the YouTube mobile site from the homepage of the application.
- Then search for the desired youtube video in the YouTube search bar provided.
- Select the video of your choice and then tap on the red download button placed at the right side of the video.
- Choose the video quality and then your download will begin.
This is another YouTube video downloader app which is rich in feature that is available for the Android smartphone users. Just like the other apps on this list you can download videos straight from the popular sites such as Vimeo, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
This app is reliable and offers high download speeds. Before downloading the video, you will be asked to choose the desired video quality. Another feature of this app is that you can share the youtube videos directly from the YouTube app to the insTube app.
Furthermore, this app is highly customizable and allows its users to add bookmarks in it. Another noticeable feature is that you can create a private space to hide the video you want. The biggest drawback of this app is that the ads keep on popping up and there is no option available to remove the ads within the app.
Download online videos on Android using InsTube:
- Open the app and visit the website of your choice.
- Search the desired video and simply tap on it.
- Tap on the red download button and select the video quality.
- Tap the “Fast Download” option to begin the downloading process.
8. VidMate App:
VidMate app is exceptionally reliable app that facilitates us to download the youtube videos. You can navigate to files based on distinct categories like movies, music, TV shows etc or can perform a direct search in the search bar provided by the app.
VidMate offers fast video downloading speeds, but there is also the option to customise the rate and select preferred download location for the video. Another point to note here is that it consists of built-in video player along with music player and can help you to create encrypted space to hide videos of your choice.
Grab videos on Android using VidMate:
- Launch the app, and select the YouTube mobile site within the app.
- Choose your desired video and tap on the red download button provided on the content.
- Choose video quality and then tap on the “Download” option. After that, the video will start downloading.
9. YT3 YouTube Downloader:
This is the simplest Android YouTube video downloader app which gives the facility to download the YouTube videos in MP3 and MP4 formats. Its UI is user-friendly, and anyone can find it quite easy to use. Moreover, you can have the preview of the video before starting the download process.
It offers downloads of faster speeds and the media which is being downloaded will get saved in the downloads folder. Also, when you listen to music it shows lyrics of that music. You can download either videos of low quality or high-quality videos. This app downloads videos and music only from the YouTube platform.
Download YouTube videos by using YT3 Downloader:
- Launch the app and select the video that is to be downloaded.
- Choose the Mp3 or Mp4 option shown on the right side of the video. You can have the preview of the audio before you can begin the downloading process.
- You can share the video link from the YouTube app to the YT3 downloader in order to download the desired video.
This android app can be used for downloading the YouTube videos and helps users to play the YouTube videos in the background. Inside of this app, you can view the trending videos list and popular music hits as well.
This enables its users to download the Full HD YouTube videos but only allows single format for the downloading of file which is “MP4.”
TubeMate is another one of the best YouTube video downloader apps available for the Android. It is quite easy to use and has elegant interface. It has a built-in browser so that users can visit their preferred sites from which they can further download the video.
Before downloading of the selected video, it offers the users to select the file type as well as video quality. Furthermore, this apps stores downloaded files automatically inside the phone’s memory.
Steps to Download the YouTube videos using TubeMate:
- Open the app, and head over to the biggest video-sharing site.
- Pick the video of your choice from the search results. This app will also ask you to select the video quality.
- After selecting the quality and resolution of the video you can tap the download button to begin downloading.
Do you Know? That you can use the popular messaging app, Telegram to download your favourite YouTube videos. Yes, you read that right, you can use it as the YouTube video downloader app. This is one of the safest chatting apps means that you can worry free download YouTube videos without any sort of malware.
There are various Telegram bots available that can help you to download videos. Take the example of @utubebot, with the help of it you can download videos directly from the YouTube platform. Another thing is worth mentioning in this app is that you can take the help of @fbdown_bot to download the videos from Facebook Platform.
Steps to download YouTube videos using Telegram:
- Launch the Telegram app and find for a @utubebot.
- Choose the bot and tap on the start.
- Send the YouTube video link in the chat.
- Choose the video format.
- And finally download the video.
This app is last but not the least. It is less known android app, but it is an extremely helpful YouTube video downloader. When downloading videos via Keepvid you will get many options related to file size as well as file quality.
Download YouTube videos using KeepVid:
- Launch the Keepvid app.
- Put the Video URL in the app.
- Scroll down and choose the video files as per your choice. Then finally tap on Download.
FAQs Related to YouTube Video Downloader:
Q. How one can download videos directly from the YouTube?
A. You have the option to purchase YouTube Premium plan to download videos directly from YouTube. And then You can later view those videos in offline mode.
Q. Which one is the best YouTube video downloader App?
A. According to me, NewPipe is the best third-party tool to download YouTube Videos.
Q. Is there any free method to download YouTube Videos?
A. You can use any of the Third-party YouTube Video downloader app or You can use the YouTube Go app to download the videos for free.
Comment down your favourite app in the comment section below. Thanks For Reading!
Featured Image Edited From: Image by syifa5610 on Freepik